Saturday, March 21, 2015

#BlackDadsLIVE! Rahman Fleming tells us about the man he calls dad....



This man's name was Victor Fleming aka Dick Fleming as he was affectionately known by most people in Natchez, MS. He was my grandfather on my mother's side, but in all actuality HE WAS MY FATHER. I like too many black males, did not have my birth father in my life for whatever reasons/excuses he came up with. But my GrandFather not only raised me as his son, but actually adopted me, so i really was his son. I only had him in my life until the age of 12, but in those 12 short years he taught EVERYTHING it meant to be a man, and A STRONG BLACK MAN. He taught me that a black man's duty is to protect his woman, he taught me what is right and wrong, he taught me what honor truly means, he taught me that i can achieve anything if i work hard for it and believe in myself, he taught me that I must stand up and be a man because no one else will do it for me, and he taught me that no matter how much hate and evil this world throws at me I am stronger than it because i am a BLACK MAN. He taught me this an so much more in just 12 short years, and before he left me, his last words were, "you have to be the man of the house now....you have to be a man" Not a day goes by that i don't miss him and think of him, i wish he were still with me, but im thankful for the short time, because if not for him i would have never become the man i am at 37. Peace and love to this page

No comments:

Post a Comment